Sunday, April 1, 2007

What Is The Salvation Test?

Romans 10:9
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

1Cor. 12:3
Therefore I tell you that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Let me paraphrase this:

"If you can say 'Jesus is Lord', and believe that He was raised from the dead, YOU WILL BE SAVED," said Paul to the Romans.

"Anyone who can curse or belittle Jesus is not speaking by the Spirit of God. And nobody can call Jesus "Lord" without the Holy Spirit," said Paul to the church at Corinth.

I have occasionally interviewed people about this and found that some people can say it and some can't.

Who do you believe Jesus is? What is He?

I personally believe that Jesus IS God. And I can prove it by scripture. But it is by revelation that we understand this:

Matt. 16:13
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14And they said, Some say that you are John the Baptist: some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.



15He said unto them, But who do you say that I am?



16And Simon Peter answered and said, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.



17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood has not revealed it to you, but my Father which is in heaven.


Jesus asks, "Who do you men think I am?"

They say: "Well there are a lot of theories, sir."

Peter raises his hand. "You're the Savior, the Son of God, the promised Messiah. I mean, duh."

Jesus then says, "You got it, Simon. Because the Father has revealed it to you."

If you can't say this, dear friend, you don't have the revelation of Jesus Christ. If you can say this, you do. Because you say it by the Spirit of God. Not because someone told you, but He revealed it to you. This means you are in His family: He has chosen you. You are highly privileged just to be able to say that He is the One: and there is no other.

Recap of the above two verses:

You are saved and justified by your confession.

If you say "Jesus is Lord," it is because you have the Holy Spirit. If you can't say it, you don't.

1John 4:2 ~ "Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God."

Basically, that's it. That's the spirit-test. Any questions?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes sir Mr.Al I have one question. Why did Jesus say " not everybody who calls me Lord Lord will enter in." I totally agree the Jesus Christ is the Son of God Part of the Whole Godhead. I also agree that the man Christ Jesus was second Adam and was faced with every temptation know to man. Even the temptation of failure. He did not fail and by Him all who come to Him can optain eternal life.He that edures to the end, the same shall be saved.

Owl said...

Many call Him "Lord, Lord" but don't know who He is. Muslims, Jews, for instance. They don't confess that He is Lord. They don't understand it. Peter understood it. I understand it. You understand it. When I call on the Lord He hears me. Because I am in His Son. I approach Him in Jesus' Name. Not just that I say, "In Jesus' name" but that His name is in me.

What differentiates us from all religions is that we have the faith of Jesus. That is huge. We are going through the door. We have the goods. He is the goods, not me. He is what the world is looking for. I am one of His witnesses. I am confessing the one and only savior and by this you can tell I'm saved. Out of that comes my fruit by which you know I am His. Not my doctrine, not my religious style, not my holy veneer.

Owl said...

I noticed something you said, so I will add one amendment.

You said, "All who come to Him CAN obtain eternal life."

I think it is more correct to say,"All who come to Him HAVE obtained that life." It is a done deal. Nobody who believes is earning it. Nobody can earn it. If they had to earn it it would no longer be by faith.

Owl said...

I noticed something you said, so I will add one amendment.

You said, "All who come to Him CAN obtain eternal life."

I think it is more correct to say,"All who come to Him HAVE obtained that life." It is a done deal. Nobody who believes is earning it. Nobody can earn it. If they had to earn it it would no longer be by faith.

LA said...

Amen, that was worth saying 2x...

Anonymous said...

Point taken. Judas the traitor came to him. Was even called by him to him. He ate with him. Traveled with him. Saw the miracles. New He was the Christ. Yet betrayed him . Once saved always saved? Here is how I put it. Once saved scarcely saved. If the righteous are scarcely saved where with shall the un-godly appear. I am not trying to put down any of our salvations. I know I am saved. I also know the heart is continuing evil. I think a child of God is kept by the power of God unto salvation. I also remember Lots wife and I tremble tremble. Then I see the resurrection of my Lord and know that I am resurrected with Him and the old man is dead. It is up to me to keep it dead by obeying the truth by walking in the light as He is in the light. Can one be lost who is saved? I think so. Why did Jesus pray for Peter that satan would not sift him as wheat? Why didn't he pray for Judas? Instead he Told Judas "what you do do quickly" Bottom line is Know the Lord and keep His word and there will be no place of falling. Love one another. Lord, cause me to come to thee in all things. Amen

Owl said...

There's a lot in your letter, Pat, and I am in a hurry right now. But the other possibility about Judas is that he did not have the revelation that Peter did. Jesus allowed him into the circle for a purpose. Before the crucifixion, I'm not sure all the disciples got it. Thomas was still doubting. Also, who knows the timing of the Holy Spirit? When He plants faith in our hearts. So I would guess, using the scriptures above, that Judas was not yet a believer.